The Cumana is one of the many forms of transportation available for us to use in Napoli. It is a train that runs above ground, mostly in tunnels, on a track. This is the transportation that we use to get to some of our teammates’ apartment. As we left their place this particular time and walked to the train station, we noticed that practically no one was out walking or driving, which was odd for a Friday night at nine in the evening. Then, when we got to the train station, it was completely locked up. We had no idea what was going on. We went back down the street to catch a cab ride home. We had to pay 20 euros to get home! Needless to say, I was not happy and I felt very taken advantage of. I was finally able to cool down, but not until the next morning. :D
On another note, the first week of language school is over. Even though I feel a lot better about language school, Jason feels a lot more comfortable using what he is learning out in the community. We have three more weeks of language school. Please be praying that we will retain the information being taught and enjoy the learning process.
I met a lady in our apartment complex on Friday. It was the first time I had seen her here. I talked to her mostly about taking the stairs and riding the elevator and the weather. However, I did not think to introduce myself or tell her that I live one floor above her. She was very nice. Please pray that I would run into this lady again and have the right mind to introduce myself. Also, continue to pray that we will keep meeting our neighbors and building relationships with the people in our apartment complex. Thank you all for your prayers and support. We wouldn’t be here with out them!

No comments:
Post a Comment