Saturday, February 20, 2010

We Got 'Em!

After standing for an hour and a half in a crowd of VERY pushy people outside a closed door waiting for it to open, the door finally opened. And even though I thought there was no way I could be any closer to the people around me, when that door opened, I was proved ever so wrong! No longer was I in a crowd of adults, or humans for that matter.

While Jason and I were right beside each other before the door opened, eight people were able to squeeze between us from the time the door opened until we were both inside. After a small outburst of frustration with the crowd shoving me into the door frame, the guard pulled me out of the crowd and asked me to wait inside the door. I thought I might have been in trouble, but when the other guard (who was handing out numbers) returned, I received the next number. Whew!

So, after one horrible day, we both have a Permesso di Soggiorno. Too bad it expires in 7 months and we'll have to return to that office. Ugh!

1 comment:

  1. We had a very similar experience just a couple of weeks ago. We had to register with the city. After hours and hours of waiting, pushing, and getting the correct signatures we got our paperwork too!

    So glad to hear that you got it finished!(for a while) woohoo...

    ReplyDelete