Sunday, July 18, 2010

Long Overdue

Well, this post is definitely long overdue. It's going to be long, but I'll try to put more pictures and less words. :D Here's a few things that have been going on since our last post.

TENNESSEE
First things first, this is a story from the TN volunteer team that just has to be told. We were visiting a church in Rome and everyone handed their bags/purses to me to hold. Once Jason got his camera situated, he came back to get his bag. But instead, he grabbed Christy's purse and walked around with it for quite some time. Christy and I thought it was hilarious! That, my dear husband, is DEFINITELY a purse on your shoulder. ;)



WORLD CHANGERS
The International World Changers team has come and gone. They did an incredible job out in the neighborhoods and piazzas. It was a hot week, but no one complained. The most amazing story is that God brought a girl from Australia to the same hostel that our kids were staying in. Kerry is a very sweet young lady and lots of fun to be around. All week, they ministered to her and talked to her about Jesus. At the end of the week, Kerry accepted Christ!

Jeff (one of our IWC volunteers) reciting the value of pie:



SPAIN
Last week we traveled to Spain for a meeting in Madrid. It was a much needed week of worship and fellowship with colleagues that we haven't seen in over a year. Not to mention, there was a Starbucks right around the corner! I know that we live in a country that does coffee the right way...but sometimes, I just want my coffee the wrong way. :D Also, there was a TGI Fridays, and a Taco Bell, and a Duncan Donuts, and a Hard Rock Cafe....need I go on?

At any rate, the day that we arrived in Madrid, Spain was playing in the World Cup. What an experience! Here's the crowd on the bus:


Then we went to the piazza where they were showing the soccer match on a big screen. There were lots of people there. I knew you wouldn't believe me, so we got a video:



VESUVIUS/SORRENTO
Jenae and Brittany have been working with us in Italy for the summer. Before they left, they wanted to go to the top of Mt. Vesuvius and see inside the volcano. Jason and I willingly went along with them. And Jason was kind enough to make videos throughout the journey. (Please excuse my camera shyness and then blank stares in the first video...I'm a dork.) :D

The adventure begins...


Then takes an unexpected turn....


I have a special talent...


In Sorrento...


And we're back...



SAYING GOODBYE
I feel like I've had to say goodbye to so many really good friends over the past couple of months. First Kala and Ellie, then the TN volunteer team, then the IWC volunteer team, and then Brittany and Jenae. Once we got back to Naples from Spain, we had to get Jenae and Brittany to the airport so they could fly back to the states. Sad day! In memory of the late nights and good times, here's some pictures from our cupcake party.


Mmmmm....Thanks, Mom, for the cake mix and icing. :D


Okay...that's all I had. I think Jenae took most of the pictures. ;)

1 comment: