Yesterday, Chelsea and I spent the morning making cookies for our new friend, Luciana. Having just met her last week, we wanted to make sure that she remembered us. We made cookies, iced them, waited on them to cool, and then placed them on a plate to take to her house. I gave her a call to make sure she was home and then we were on our way. It didn't take quite as long to get to her house this time....since I knew the way and which transportation to get on. ;) She mentioned that she was in my area just a few days ago and her granddaughter was asking where her American friends were.
When we arrived at her house, she once again had visitors. Seems like people are constantly coming to visit. This time, there was a younger girl, maybe in high school, who Luciana was trying to help with her English homework. While Chelsea helped the girl with her homework, I sat with Luciana and chatted. Luciana told me of her new house helper who is from Sri Lanka. She is learning to speak Italian and Luciana is helping her. The helper is another very nice young lady. Luciana mentioned that she spoke English and called her over. But, she was very shy and only spoke a little.
We came to Luciana's house with cookies and once again, left with more in our hands than we came with. She sent me off with a book of themes to help me practice my Italian and said she has friends at a school where she can find more books for me and also gave us some of her homemade dough to make a torta rustica. She is one incredible person. She mentions God and thanks Him for a lot of good things in her life. But we have not yet talked about salvation specifically with her. Please be praying for Luciana that God would soften her heart and that Chelsea and I would have the opportunity and the boldness to share the Truth with her soon.
The last few days
13 years ago

I'm so excited for this new friendship for you and Chelsea!
ReplyDelete