Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Dec. 1 - Pisa, Italy

First on our list of stops in Europe was Pisa, Italy to see the leaning tower. When we finally arrived, it was already dark, and I had a headache. From the outside, the hotel appeared very nice. The tower was less than a block away. You could actually see it from the window in our room. As soon as we opened the door to the room, the overwhelming smell of bleach nearly knocked us over. We immediately opened the window and left the door open to attempt to air out the room. Just between you and me...it didn't work.

View of our room from the hallway door.


Our bed, and Jason taking pictures of the tower from the window.

Don't let this picture fool you. That bed was awful! And did I mention I had a headache? And it got worse and worse from the minute that we arrived. I'm sure the bleach had nothing to do with that. :| It didn't let up until 4am. So, needless to say, I did not get a good night's sleep the first night of our vacation. :/

Our bathroom.


The strange hairdryer.


The only picture I took of the leaning tower of Pisa. I'm not convinced that it's really leaning. I think it's just an optical illusion.


This is definitely not on our list of places we'd like to visit again. The tower was cool, but definitely not worth the horrible hotel room. :/ But I'm glad we did it and can now say that we've seen the leaning tower of Pisa. Plus, the hotel makes for some really good, funny stories...when I can learn to laugh about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment