Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Dec. 2 & 3 - Basel, Switzerland

The next morning, we woke up in Pisa, Italy and packed the car back up and headed to Lorrach, Germany. Because of hotel prices, we opted to stay right across the border from Basel, Switzerland in Germany.

The drive from Northern Italy, through Switzerland, and into Germany was amazing. By far, Switzerland is the most beautiful place I've ever seen. Here's a few pictures of the trip.
You really can't see how amazing the mountains were in this picture, but trust me...they were incredible.


At this point, we were so high up we were in the clouds. :D


Cute building.


Neat little village on the side of the road. I wish all those power lines weren't in the way.


Amazing!


The snow covered trees were astonishing.


Tunnels in the mountains.


Beautiful.


See the snow capped mountains in the background?? That's not just clouds.


I felt like I was in the Narnia movie all through Switzerland.


And we finally made it to our hotel. The drive was not really all that long, but it got dark around 4:30pm. Oh well. This is the front of our hotel in Germany.


The wardrobe right outside our door.


View of the room from the entrance.


The most wonderful bathroom.


Sitting area with a tv.


Such a wonderful bed!! But, then again, just about anything could have beat the hotel in Pisa. Nonetheless, I loved this bed. The yellow sheets just made my day. I knew that they were not the normal bleached clean sheets that most hotels choose to use. And they were soft. AND...there were two pillows for each of us! I absolutely loved this place.


The view coming out of our room.


The stairs to get up to the rooms.


View from our bedroom window.


We went out that night after we dropped all of our stuff off at the hotel in Germany. There was a little Christmas market, closer to the hotel. We visited for a little while, but then decided it was too cold to enjoy it...plus we were both ready for a good night's sleep.

Dec. 3 - Breakfast in Germany, Lunch in France, and Dinner in Switzerland
The next morning, we woke up and ate breakfast. Then, we set out for France. It only made sense to go see a little of France while we were that close. However, I was not feeling good, so we didn't end up staying in France very long. We had lunch there and then drove around one little neighborhood. So...this is the only picture I have of France.

It was a cute little house with Christmas decorations all over the lawn.

Then, we headed back toward Switzerland to visit the big Christmas market in Basel. We found a parking garage and then headed out to find the market. It took us a while, but we finally found it!



I love all the lights!


Blue lights!


The actual booths at the market.


Cool candle shop in the market.


Beautiful blue-lit shop. I loved it!


Christmas tree on a building. It's blue, so I had to get the picture.


We both really enjoyed Switzerland and decided it is most definitely on the list of places to see again. It was beautiful and breath-taking. Can't wait to get back some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment