Friday, April 30, 2010

Day 7 - Historic City Center, Sorbillo, Davidsons, and Be Boo's

Today we went to the Historic City Center in Naples. We walked down Spacca Napoli (the street that divides old and new Naples). We walked up "Christmas Alley" (a street with a market full of nativity scenes). We visited a few Catholic Cathedrals and Mom and Dad went to the museum to see the marble sculpture of "The Veil of Christ."

Next, for lunch, we ate at Sorbillo. Sorbillo is probably the most famous pizzeria in Naples. It is definitely a good one! Here's a video about how to eat the pizza here:



And here's a few pictures from Sorbillo:


Just in case people might think we live here, we took a picture like this:


The pizzas are so big that they flow over the plates:




Next, we went to the Davidsons' house since they were unable to make it to the team dinner on Monday night. Mom got to hold Lily, and meet Paul and MacKenzie.





On the way back to the apartment, we stopped at a popular teenage hangout (cause we are cool people) called Be Boo's. They have a wide variety of pastries that are beyond delicious. Mmm... Good stuff!!!



The pastries:


The workers:




I know that the last picture makes it look as though this place is not very popular, but that's not the case. While we are very cool people, we are old....so we were there a lot earlier (9pm) than their usual crowd shows up (10pm - 2am).

On the way home from Be Boo's, we stopped several times to try to get some good night photos. My camera is not capable of taking good night pictures, but I was able to get this one for my friend, Serena!

1 comment:

  1. I have throughly enjoyed reading about your parents visit. I feel like I have been there with them. It looks like they have gotten a good cross section of your life in Naples. For sure they have seen most of the good pizza places. I think the monster oval one looked the best. I bet they will be sad to come home.

    ReplyDelete